This website is provided by the US Hereditary Angioedema Association for educational and advocacy purposes only.
You may use our website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our website:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
The website contains general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. In particular, this information is not a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified doctor or other healthcare professional.
If you area a patient, you should always check with your doctor if you have any concerns about your condition or treatment and before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our website.
If you are a healthcare professional then this information (including any professional reference material) is intended to support, not replace, your own knowledge, experience and judgement.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Materials on our website are owned by the US HAEA and are protected by copyright laws. All such rights are reserved.
You may download and/or print off one copy of extracts of any page(s) from our website for your personal use and you may (in a non-commercial context) draw the attention of others to content posted on our Website.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not further use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
The US HAEA (and any identified contributors), as the authors of content on our website, must always be acknowledged.
Using online forums – DiscussHAE and Brady Club
You can retrieve, change or request that we delete the details you place with us. You will only receive emails that you have agreed to, or those relating to administration purposes. We will not provide your personal data to any third party for any commercial or any other purpose.
You must only use the website for lawful purposes and you must not infringe the rights of other users of this site or prevent their enjoyment of it.
If you are under 16 you need to get permission from a parent or guardian before providing us with any personal details. The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use any interactive service to educate with their children about online safety.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards.
• Be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble or ‘trolling’.
Contributions must not:
• Contain any material which is obscene, sexually explicit, offensive, hateful or inflammatory or promote violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be threatening, defamatory, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Give the impression that they emanate from the US HAEA if this is not the case.
• Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
• Include any advertising or be made for any commercial purpose.
You represent that any online contribution you make will comply with the standards set out above, and you will be liable to us and be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of this representation.
For your safety we advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address).
While the administrators and moderators of the forums will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as practicable, it is not possible to review every message.
Suspension and Termination
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our website forums
• Issuance of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs)
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as required by law.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Third Party Links and Resources
This website may contain links to other websites and resources operated by third parties. These links are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites or resources and are not responsible for their availability or content.
Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Linking to our Website
You may link to the website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our website must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Limitations Of Liability
Please read this section carefully as it sets out the limits of our liability to you in relation to your use of the website.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, our website; or
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website (regardless of the origins of such content).
You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our website. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Information We Collect
We may collect information from you when you provide it voluntarily, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information, other personal information, and/or health information. If you choose, you may visit our site anonymously.
How Your Information May Be Used
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
Protecting Your Information
- To improve our website
- To improve our services
- To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide to us will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to services you have subscribed to, a question you'd like a response to, or an order you have placed.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include news, updates, event confirmations, product or service information, etc. You may unsubscribe at any time.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of any personal information you've provided us.
All supplied sensitive / credit information is encrypted, and only accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems. Those individuals are required to keep the information confidential.
Sharing Information with Outside Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or research, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
By using our site, you consent to our web site privacy policies.
Changes to our Privacy Policies
If we decide to change our privacy policies, we will post those changes on this page.
If you have any questions regarding our privacy policies you may contact us.